Marge Champion Interview


Marge Champion - choreographer, classic film star, Broadway legend - gives a brief interview with Guideposts TV from July 2011 (see below).





Now in her 90s, the dancer notes, " I've learned that I could celebrate every decade for what it gave me, not for what it takes away.... [When] one door closes - if you don't get upset about it- you'll find that a better one opens."

If there's one thing that's depressing about  film is that it reminds you of the past, often of what no longer exists, including the ability to make high leaps and pirouettes.  It's wonderful to know that one of my favorite classic stars has such a positive attitude.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your contribution to Java's Journey.

 

About Java

"Java's Journey: A really fun, informative well-written blog that explores all of the things - and I mean all - I love about classic films."-- Flick Chick of A Person In The Dark Email: java-rush@hotmail.com

JOIN JAVA'S JOURNEY

Blog Archive

Writer's Block Doesn't Stand a Chance

http://javabeanrush.blogspot.com/2015/04/100ClassicMovieBlogPostIdeas.html